Thursday, October 29, 2009

Anger; a Motivator for Change

LOA 18, No Fly Lines (NFL’s) pissed me off. Pilots getting leave with insurance benefits?? Great, why not? My union negotiating deals without my knowledge? INDEFENSABLE! Didn’t anyone ever teach you guys a basic principle; before making decisions that affect others, let them know and get their input before you decide anything?!

How could such a basic, respectful concept be so often ignored? Our Union Leadership forgets whom they are serving. They forget that they are our representatives. How can they act on our behalf unless they regularly seek guidance from us? How can we possibly give input without knowing what our union leaders are up to? It is a huge mistake to keep us unnecessarily in the dark. Are you afraid of pilots knowing too much? Or was it an honest mistake? Have you ever heard an apology from a union leader?

I don’t know about you, but actions like this make my blood boil. They also motivate me. I will no longer sit quietly when information pilots have a right to know is kept secret. This union will hear from me in the most vocal way I can use when they make decisions without consulting us. Anger and the Internet are a dangerous combination. Are you paying attention ALPA?

No comments:

Post a Comment